OpenLearning is a Sydney-based, ASX-listed, software as a service company that provides a scalable online learning platform and learning design services to education providers; and a global marketplace of world-class micro-credentials and online degrees for learners.
Founded in 2012, OpenLearning’s vision is to improve access to quality education, promote lifelong learning, and future-proof the workforce by enabling education providers to design, deliver and sell transformative courses and degrees worldwide. Built on proven learning sciences research and a social constructivist learning philosophy, OpenLearning goes beyond traditional instructivist approaches and static learning management systems to deliver authentic, active and connected learning experiences.
Demonstration of capabilities
Use of data, evidence & thought leadership
- OpenLearning is based on work from Prof Buckland from UNSW, and the team set out to build a platform to form a community within a course, transitioning into a platform for social learning using Social Constructivism as the foundation.
- Their extensive user data is used to improve the design of courses which is the key element in determining a positive outcome for the courses of their 70+ partners.
- This data is constantly being reviewed, refined and made available for course designers to use built-in tools to help them improve their courses.
Recognised for quality international education and the AQF:
- Have developed “OpenCreds” a certification of assessed learning that is additional, alternative, complementary to, or a component part of a formal qualification.
- This provides a micro-credential framework for lifelong learning and works within the AQF for Higher Ed, Professional Learning and Vocational sectors.
Adam Brimo, CEO
Higher Education, Vocational Education
2.2m Learners & 76 Institutions
SE Asia, North America